ClearWay Minnesota’s Board of Directors comprising at-large positions and appointed members. Board Members have expertise in areas of governance, finances, communications and marketing, grant-making, health care and insurance, tobacco control and cessation, community organizing, populations at risk, public affairs and/or human resources. Board and Board Committee meetings are held at the ClearWay Minnesota office.
Board of Directors
Board Chair – Laurie Lafontaine
Vice Chair – Karen Kraemer
Secretary – Sarah Oquist
Treasurer – Gregory Wulf
Former Governor Mark Dayton appointed:
- Karen Kraemer, R.N., former Vice President of Disease and Case Management with HealthPartners
- Brian Osberg, former Program Director at the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, former Minnesota Assistant Commissioner of Health Care Administration and former Minnesota State Medicaid Director
Former Speaker of the House Paul Thissen appointed:
- Janet Avery, former manager of the state’s asthma program at the Minnesota Department of Health
Former Senate Majority Leader Thomas Bakk appointed:
- Gail Amundson, M.D., health care consultant, former Medical Director for Quality, Measurement and Provider Incentives at HealthPartners, and founder and past board chair of Minnesota Community Measurement
Former Attorney General Lori Swanson appointed:
Gregory Wulf, President and CEO of First Farmers & Merchants Bank
Board Members filling at-large positions:
- Mae Brooks, Director of Human Resources for the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
- Judy Brown, District Program Facilitator at Minneapolis Public Schools
- Laurie Lafontaine, former Vice President of Allina Health
- Nevada Littlewolf, President and CEO of Tiwahe Foundation, founder of Rural and American Indigenous Leadership and former Virginia City Council Member
- Sarah Oquist, an attorney and Chief Operations Officer at Sapientia Law Group, PLLC, and a board member at Woodlands National Bank
- Anne Vars, Senior Merchandise Finance Manager at Target Corporation
Former ClearWay Minnesota Board Members, from one year prior:
- Steven D. McWhirter (term expired September 2019)
Board and Committee Meetings
The ClearWay Minnesota Board of Directors meets every other month throughout the year. Board Meetings are open to the public.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, meetings of the Board will now be held remotely. Please contact ClearWay Minnesota Chief of Staff Amy Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend a Board Meeting.
2020 BOARD MEETINGS
July 15, 9 a.m. – noon
September 16, 9 a.m. – noon
November 18, 9 a.m. – noon
2020 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Committees of the ClearWay Minnesota Board meet throughout the year. Most meetings are open to the public and are held at the ClearWay Minnesota office at Two Appletree Square, 8011 34th Ave. S., Ste. 400, Minneapolis, MN 55425.
2020 ClearWay MinnesotaSM Board Committee Roster and Meeting Schedule
Laurie Lafontaine, Board Chair and Chair, Investment Advisory Committee
Karen Kraemer, Vice Chair and Chair, Nominating and Board Development Committee
Anne Vars, Secretary
Gregory Wulf, Treasurer and Chair, Audit/Finance Committee
August 20, noon – 2 p.m.
October 15, noon – 2 p.m.
December 17, noon – 2 p.m.
June 23, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
August 27, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
October 22, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 10, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
OFFICER SELECTION TASK FORCE
June 19, 1 – 2 p.m.