ClearWay MinnesotaSM has a 19-member Board of Directors comprising 11 at-large positions and eight appointed members. Board Members have expertise in areas of governance, finances, communications and marketing, grant-making, health care and insurance, tobacco control and cessation, community organizing, populations at risk, public affairs and/or human resources. Board and Board Committee meetings are held at the ClearWay Minnesota office.
Board of Directors
Board Chair – Bob Boerschel
Vice Chair – Laurie Lafontaine
Secretary – Nevada Littlewolf
Treasurer – Brian Osberg
Governor Mark Dayton appointed:
- Karen Kraemer, R.N., former Vice President of Disease and Case Management with HealthPartners
- Brian Osberg, former Program Director at the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, former Minnesota Assistant Commissioner of Health Care Administration and former Minnesota State Medicaid Director
Speaker of the House Kurt Daudt appointed:
- Bob Boerschel, eFinancial Senior Counsel at Wells Fargo (note: Mr. Boerschel was originally appointed by former Speaker Kurt Zellers and reappointed by Speaker Daudt)
Former Speaker of the House Paul Thissen appointed:
- Janet Avery, former manager of the state’s asthma program at the Minnesota Department of Health
Former Senate Majority Leader Thomas Bakk appointed:
- Gail Amundson, M.D., health care consultant, former Medical Director for Quality, Measurement and Provider Incentives at HealthPartners, and founder and past board chair of Minnesota Community Measurement
Attorney General Lori Swanson appointed:
Steven D. McWhirter, Executive Vice President of Dougherty & Company, LLC
Gregory Wulf, President and CEO of First Farmers & Merchants Bank
Board members filling the 11 at-large positions:
- Mae Brooks, Director of Human Resources for the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
- Judy Brown, District Program Facilitator at Minneapolis Public Schools
- Pamela Lux, Director of Human Resources Communications at Medtronic and former Vice President at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Laurie Lafontaine, former Vice President of Allina Health
- Nevada Littlewolf, Executive Director and founder of Rural and American Indigenous Leadership
- Sarah Oquist, an attorney and Chief Operations Officer at Sapientia Law Group, PLLC, and a board member at Woodlands National Bank
- Howard Orenstein, Senior Assistant Hennepin County Attorney and former partner at Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Cerisi
- Anne Vars, Senior Merchandise Finance Manager at Target Corporation
Former ClearWay Minnesota Board Members, from one year prior:
- Ellen Denzen (term expired September 2017)
- Kelly Drummer (term expired September 2017)
- Vivian Jenkins Nelsen (term expired September 2017)
- Brian Short (term expired September 2017)
- Hugh T. Nierengarten (resigned April 2017)
- Joel Swanson (resigned February 2017)
Board and Committee Meetings
The ClearWay Minnesota Board of Directors meets every other month throughout the year. Board Meetings are open to the public.
Board Meetings are typically held from 9 a.m. – noon in the ClearWay Minnesota office.
2017 BOARD MEETINGS
November 15, 9 a.m. – noon
2017 COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Committees of the ClearWay Minnesota Board meet throughout the year. Most meetings are open to the public and are held at the ClearWay Minnesota office at Two Appletree Square, 8011 34th Ave. S., Ste. 400, Minneapolis, MN 55425.
2017 ClearWay MinnesotaSM Board Committee Roster and Meeting Schedule
Bob Boerschel, Chair
Laurie Lafontaine, Vice Chair
Nevada Littlewolf, Secretary
Brian Osberg, Treasurer
Steven D. McWhirter, Chair, Audit/Finance Committee
Anne Vars, Chair, Strategic Development and Planning Committee
Chair, Nominating and Board Development Committee (currently vacant)
Chair, Program Grants and Program Contracts Committee (currently vacant)
Chair, Strategic Planning and Development Committee (currently vacant)
October 17, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 20, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Steven D. McWhirter, Chair
October 26, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
December 21, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
NOMINATING AND BOARD DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Three external Committee Members
No meetings pending
PROGRAM GRANTS AND CONTRACTS COMMITTEE
November 2, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING COMMITTEE
Anne Vars, Chair
No meetings pending
INVESTMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Laurie Lafontaine, Chair
*Eternal committee members
Meetings not public