ClearWay Minnesota’sSM Strategic Plan helps support our work toward long-term goals to reduce smoking prevalence, secondhand smoke exposure and tobacco-related health disparities.
OUR VISION (ClearWay Minnesota’s aspirational intent)
Eliminate the harm tobacco causes the people of Minnesota.
MISSION STATEMENT (our core purpose and whom we serve)
The mission of ClearWay Minnesota is to enhance life for all Minnesotans by reducing tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke through research, action and collaboration.
LEGACY GOALS (long-term goals to achieve our mission)
- By 2023, reduce the prevalence of smoking among adult Minnesotans to less than 9 percent.
- By 2023, reduce secondhand smoke exposure among nonsmoking Minnesotans to less than 5 percent.
- By 2023, advance the science of eliminating tobacco-related health disparities.
Our strategic priorities through Fiscal Year 2017 are:
- Support policies that reduce tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke
- Support Minnesotans in quitting smoking
- Create an environment that supports a commercial tobacco-free future for Minnesotans
- Plan for ClearWay Minnesota’s limited life
You can read the full Strategic Plan here.