We are pleased to share our Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2016 (covering July 2015 through June 2016). The report highlights our activities in areas of public affairs, marketing and communications, community development, cessation and research. These highlights include:
- The launch of Minnesotans for a Smoke-Free Generation, a coalition supporting efforts to reduce youth smoking and end tobacco’s harm for good;
- New advocacy work and advertising raising awareness of the problem of menthol tobacco;
- Public policy efforts at state, local and systems levels;
- Supporting Minnesota’s Tribal Nations as they work to pass commercial tobacco-free policies using culture-based strategies;
- Our most successful year ever for QUITPLAN Services, our free program that has brought quit-smoking help to more than 145,000 Minnesotans;
- New research projects that have potential to advance policies among Minnesota populations most harmed by smoking; and
- Reflections from our outgoing Board Chair.
Also included are a full roster of Board Members for 2015-2016 and statements of our financial position and activities.