ClearWay Minnesota’s Board of Directors comprising at-large positions and appointed members. Board Members have expertise in areas of governance, finances, communications and marketing, grant-making, health care and insurance, tobacco control and cessation, community organizing, populations at risk, public affairs and/or human resources. Board and Board Committee meetings are held at the ClearWay Minnesota office.
Board of Directors
Board Chair – Karen Kraemer
Vice Chair – Brian Osberg
Secretary – Sarah Oquist
Treasurer – Laurie Lafontaine
Former Governor Mark Dayton appointed:
- Karen Kraemer, R.N., former Vice President of Disease and Case Management with HealthPartners
Former Speaker of the House Paul Thissen appointed:
- Janet Avery, former manager of the state’s asthma program at the Minnesota Department of Health
Former Senate Majority Leader Thomas Bakk appointed:
- Gail Amundson, M.D., health care consultant, former Medical Director for Quality, Measurement and Provider Incentives at HealthPartners, and founder and past board chair of Minnesota Community Measurement
Former Attorney General Lori Swanson appointed:
Gregory Wulf, President and CEO of First Farmers & Merchants Bank
Board Members filling at-large positions:
- Mae Brooks, Director of Human Resources for the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board
- Judy Brown, District Program Facilitator at Minneapolis Public Schools
- Laurie Lafontaine, former Vice President of Allina Health
- Nevada Littlewolf, Political Director at Women Winning, former President and CEO of Tiwahe Foundation, founder of Rural and American Indigenous Leadership and former Virginia City Council Member
- Sarah Oquist, corporate attorney, executive coach and national speaker; former CEO/Board Chair of Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures; and current board member at Woodlands National Bank, Management HQ and Walker Art Center among other companies;
- Brian Osberg, former Program Director at the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, former Minnesota Assistant Commissioner of Health Care Administration and former Minnesota State Medicaid Director (note: Mr. Osberg was initially appointed by Governor Dayton and now serves as an at-large member)
- Anne Vars, Senior Merchandise Finance Manager at Target Corporation
Board and Committee Meetings
The ClearWay Minnesota Board of Directors meets every other month throughout the year. Board Meetings are open to the public.
Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, meetings of the Board will now be held remotely. Please contact ClearWay Minnesota Director of Strategic Communications Adam Kintopf at email@example.com if you would like to attend a Board Meeting.
2021 BOARD MEETINGS
July 21, 9 a.m. – noon
Note: August – December Board Meeting dates are yet to be determined.